Important Registration Information
Welcome to eRailSafe
Please read the following important information on what to expect when registering your company.
How much does eRailSafe cost?
There will be a non-refundable $135 program setup fee. The cost per employee varies per the applicant’s living history and includes a background check, awareness training, testing, and a badge.
1. Applicants who have lived in the U.S. for the last seven years will undergo eRailSafe US screening only. Program Fee: $70.00 plus any applicable pass through fees.
2. Applicants who have not lived in the U.S. for the entirety of the last seven years will undergo eRailSafe international screening and eRailSafe US Screening. Program Fee: $70.00 plus any applicable pass through fees and the cost of the international criminal report (price varies per country.) *Upon renewal after two years of enrollment, the applicant will undergo standard eRailSafe US screening only. Program Fee: $70.00 plus any applicable pass through fees.
3. Applicants who have never lived in the U.S. will undergo eRailSafe International screening only. Program Fee: $18.00 for training, testing and credentialing plus the cost of the international report *(price varies per country.) *Upon renewal after two years of enrollment, the applicant will undergo standard eRailSafe US screening only. Program Fee: $70.00 plus any applicable pass through fees.
There is also an annual service fee based on ordering activity each year. Volume will be reviewed by eVerifile at the end of each calendar year.
• A fee of $125 will be applied in January of the following year for accounts with usage between 0-9.
• A fee of $75 will be applied in January of the following year for accounts with usage between 10-99.
• A fee of $25 will be applied in January of the following year for accounts with usage of 100 or more
How long does it take to register?
Typically, registration takes 3-5 business days, but will depend on how quickly you submit your documents.
To register for eRailSafe, you will need the following documents:
- A copy of your company’s Business License, Articles of Incorporation or Business Registration
- A signed copy of the eRailSafe subscriber agreement
Business references (3)
- Your company’s Vendor ID, Registration ID or Contractor Number.
- If you are a general contractor and do not have this information, please contact the railroad you are contracting with. Then, forward this information to [email protected]
UP CONTRACTORS ONLY If you are a primary or sub-contractor directly contracted with Union Pacific Railroad, you will need the Vendor ID Number assigned to your UP CAS Account for eRailsafe registration. If you do not have a Vendor ID Number, please contact [email protected] to obtain one. If you are a sub-contractor, have your general contractor send an email to [email protected] confirming your affiliation and railroad assignment.
If you have not received confirmation of receipt within 1 business day, contact 1-800-560-6435
Did you know?
Did you know that Drug Testing is also required by the Federal Railroad Administration for employees and contractors? Ask your enrollment specialist how you can add drug testing to your eRailSafe package.
Looking for Applicant Login?
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us!