How do I add an applicant?
How long will my password be valid?
How do I unlock my account?
Why does an applicant need to provide an email address?
How do I check the status of a background check?
What is the cost of the eRailSafe program?
I am having trouble viewing the website using Internet Explorer?
Can a badge be transferred?
How do I add a report to my dashboard?
Why do I have to provide all this information on this customer profile?
How do I get a vendor ID?
How do I subscribe?
What is eRailSafe?
The purpose of the program is to improve the security of railroad applicants, operations, and facilities. As part of these efforts, designated railroad contractors, vendors and suppliers are required to comply with the program which includes:
- Personal Screening: Contractor/Vendor Personnel are required to submit to background investigations
- Compliance Awareness & Testing: Contractor/Vendor Personnel must complete required safety and security awareness tests.
- Workplace Credentialing: Contractor/Vendor Personnel are required to wear eRailSafe ID Badges when on railroad property. Badges are issued upon successful completion of background investigation and compliance testing.
What is the process to become eRailSafe certified?
- As a contractor, you will log onto the system and input all of your applicants into the eRailSafe system. Data will include name, DOB, SSN and address. You will then upload a tightly cropped color photo on a neutral background, excluding sunglasses and hats.
- You will assign your applicant the proper railroad program.
- Your applicants will then log onto the system and complete the test.
- After the investigation is complete, your application will be approved or denied access to railroad property. If approved, a badge will be sent via USPS or UPS to you to disburse to your applicants. If denied, the applicant will have the ability to appeal.
What background checks are run on my applicant?
- Extended Nationwide Multi-County Using 7 Year Address History
- Federal Criminal Background Check
- National Criminal Database Check
What are reasons my applicant can be denied to the program?
- History of convictions for felony and/or misdemeanor crimes of concern
- Probation within the last five years
- Incarceration within the last five years
- Any pending felony charge
- SSN discrepancy/possible name mismatch
Crimeof concern within the last seven years
- Not disposed and/or open court case
- Out of service area
- Permanent disqualifier
- Background check canceled by contractor
What if my applicant fails the test?
My applicant has been denied, how can he/she get approved?
If the applicant’s information is accurate and you would like to provide information or documentation to the Railroad to reconsider the denial, you can file an appeal on behalf of the applicant by selecting the appeal button in the system. The applicant can also contact customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-560-6435.
My company operates from many locations. Can I have separate users and billing?
Do I have to pay the set-up fee per railroad?
What if I mistyped the SSN or spelled an applicant’s name incorrectly?
I already ran a background check on my applicants. Can my applicants just do training and testing?
However, if your applicant has a current TWIC card, that card can be sent via fax or email. Once received and verified, you will be credited $15 for the federal background check of that applicant.
How long does this take to get my account set up?
How long does it take to get my applicant’s badges?
Can I replace a lost badge?
Can I use this system for other applicants besides those that work on the railroad?
Why is there an extra surcharge associated with New York and Colorado addresses?
In July of 2003, the state of NY changed their policy on reporting felony and/or misdemeanor record information. For certain counties, there is no longer a county seat available that reports felony or misdemeanor records. All information is forwarded to the state level. ANY statewide search is $75.00, however all eRailSafe clients are given a $10.00 discount to automatically order the NY statewide if applicable. As a part of the eRailSafe program, the NY statewide is required if any of the address yielded per applicant turn up in the specified restricted counties. Each eRailSafe client is notified of the NY surcharge during the account setup process.
The National Criminal Database Check may contain a statewide search for the state of Colorado, which will result in a $6.85 surcharge to be added to the price of this report.